For owners of Walkman W series, we offer NWZ-W274S firmware update program to the latest version 1.01. Please read carefully the following instructions.
Note: This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
Contents of the update
Improvement of the issue where the WALKMAN may not properly start up or play back.
NWZ-W274S that has firmware version lower than 1.01.
- Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Connect the Walkman to your computer by using the USB cradle (supplied).
- On your computer, check “information.txt” in the WALKMAN folder.
- The “information.txt” contains the following information:
01: Model name
02: Memory capacity
03: Firmware version
- Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Target PC environments
- Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8 / Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Starter (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
Not supported by OSs other than above.
Compatibility mode for Windows XP (included with Windows Vista and Windows 7) is not supported.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- Memory: 1 GB or more (32-bit OS) / 2 GB or more (64-bit OS)
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32bit
- Windows 8 64bit
- Windows Vista
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reinstated an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the data may be lost when upgrading as they are remained on the unit. We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- When upgrading, the unit is needed to have a free space about 30 MB.
Please confirm the free space.
If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary
data back to the computer to increase free space.
- When downloading the program and upgrading the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator.
- If you are Windows 8 user, Windows 7 user or Windows Vista user, “Windows needs your permission to continue” message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click Continue to proceed, and follow the announcements.
- The update program download is started by clicking “Download” button on the bottom of this announcement.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your PC by USB cradle (supplied).
- Quit all software running on your PC.
- Double click the saved file, and work by following displayed massages.
* Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during upgrading.
- When the message of completing upgrading is displayed, click Finish button.
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully with following How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version steps.
The update program installation is succeeded when Firmware version is shown 1.01.